Work Integrated Skills Training & Apprenticeship (WISTA)
Objectives of the program
Creating a flexible, modular framework enabling youth to obtain industry relevant qualifications while interning or working with the industry.
To implement work integrated ITIs via the Flexi MoU signed DGT for NCVT certifications like Assembly Line Fitter, Production Technician, Industrial Electrician etc.
Industry Integration for imparting market relevant skills and enabling pathways between vocational education system & higher education.
Providing apprentices, trainees & workforce solutions to the industry in semi-skilled & skilled worker categories.
Flexible, modular framework to enable youth to obtain industry relevant qualifications
- To provide the students with a flexible, modular system for pursuing their higher education from 10th Pass to ITI/Diploma/Degree Level while they work.
- To recognize prior learning & on the job learning and translated into credits which can be accumulated and will form a part of the earned qualification
Industry Integration for imparting market relevant skills
- To provide opportunities to apply the skills gained through industry integrated / live projects.
- To develop an understanding of the manufacturing sector’s processes and systems and improve productivity & efficiency.
- To augment the ability to plan, execute manufacturing and production functions efficiently.
- To enhance the learner’s intellectual and transferable skills, especially focusing on manufacturing sector specific knowledge and practices.
Types of programs and regulatory compliance
Regulatory Framework: Directorate General of Training (DGT, the apex body for governance of ITIs & NCVT), Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Govt. of India given approval to Centurion – Gram Tarang to operationalize these programs through following MoUs
- ‘Flexi MoU’ with Centurion-Gram Tarang which gives permission to partner with industries to run regular NCVT ITI courses (Fitter, Electrician, Welder & Turner) in a flexible delivery mode while they work with the industry.
- ‘Apprenticeship Agreement’ whereby Centurion-Gram Tarang has been given approval to enroll 1,00,000 apprentices into work integrated certification programs over the next 10 years
Learn, Earn & obtain an industry relevant qualification